Monday, December 19, 2022

Art Entry 3: Nature Journaling 2






My favorite finds these past few months were the two salamanders found on one of my workplace's preserves. I find these creatures fascinating and beautiful! (Please not that if you find salamanders in the wild it is best to leave them alone as their bodies are very fragile, we are trained professionals! And also b/c human skin can be toxic to them when held for very long.)

Seeing my first ever salmon run was also amazing as well! It is one thing to learn about the life cycle of salmon and how they support 137 other species in their ecosystems while in college in the Midwest, it's quite another thing to witness individual fish's struggle to swim upstream and to see their decomposing bodies after spawning. And yes they do smell lol. 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Art Entry 4: Nature Journaling 3

Wow since the last time I blogged so much has changed! I finished my AmeriCorps service year in WA, moved back in with my mother while worki...