Sunday, May 28, 2023

Poetry Entry 8: The Leaning Tower

 

A snag in the middle of a forest with moss growing out of the top
Picture by Jaime Webb

I came across a nature formed tower

Formed from a tree's skeletal remains.

This carbon abode claimed by

tenants of round, dark-green moss.

The grand entryway at the bottom

thin but sturdy, the tower

thickening as you look up 

floor by floor.


An elegant, modern design

of vertical stripes in shades of

grey, white, brown, and

red decorate the leaning tower.

Balconies of jutting limbs

provide sunny relaxing spots

for moss visitors.


The roof provides a launching spot

for the next generation of spores

to leave the nest for their

own towers, whether stump

or living tree or moist ground. 


I would be very lucky 

to live in a wooden tower

if I were a moss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Art Entry 4: Nature Journaling 3

Wow since the last time I blogged so much has changed! I finished my AmeriCorps service year in WA, moved back in with my mother while worki...