Sunday, July 17, 2022

Poetry Entry 3: Art is Magic

 

Photo by Jaime Parker Chase
Description: pens, brush, and pencil on top of a blank page with rocks/cyrstals in front of them

Art is Magic June 6, 2021

Art is alchemy.

Changing silver to gold.

The pen is my wand

Casting spells on a blank page.

Art is magic and creativity

Surrounding me like a witch’s hat.

Through the art of creation

I put my will into being.

Art incorporates the elements.

I mix water and earth materials,

Called paint instead of potion

Used to re-create what I see

With an athame called a brush

As the wind whispers in my ears.

Art is my heart revealed 

And made physical.

Changing the felt and unknown

To the experienced yet mysterious.

Art is alchemy.

Art is magic. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Art Entry 4: Nature Journaling 3

Wow since the last time I blogged so much has changed! I finished my AmeriCorps service year in WA, moved back in with my mother while worki...